Aptitude for teaching and interpersonal skills
Qualifications are only half of the picture when you are considering a career in teaching. Teaching is a profession like no other: as a teacher you never stop learning, and as a learner you never stop teaching. You need to be able to embrace the opportunities to collaborate as an active member of a team, and have the discipline and initiative to put yourself forward to lead and drive projects as they arise.
Does this sound like you?
As an Alliance, we particularly value candidates who have had recent formal or informal experience in an educational context and can articulate examples of how their vision or practice has been shaped by this experience.
Personal Skills Profile
As a successful applicant, you will have:
- excellent communication skills
- a commitment and drive to work hard
- the ability to establish positive working relationships
- the confidence and ability to engage with children
- the desire to be an active part of a professional team
- an understanding of, and commitment to, excellence in education
- a developing knowledge of pedagogy and current educational issues
- the ability to adapt and be flexible
- a sense of humour